1) Facebook is a social networking site that may be used by individuals or businesses and organizations. Before you can use Facebook, you first must sign up, so let's see how to create an account.
2) Start by navigating to www.facebook.com in your web browser.
3) Enter your first and last name...
4) Then enter your email address.
5) Type the password you want to use to log in.
6) Choose your gender.
7) Select your birthday...
8) Then click Sign Up.
9) Type the text from the captcha in this box, then click Sign Up.
10) This page lets you search for your friends that are already on Facebook. We'll see how to do this in a later tutorial, so click Skip This Step.
11) Here you can fill out your profile information or click Skip.
12) Uploading a profile photo will help your friends recognize you on Facebook. We'll learn how to do this in another tutorial, so click Skip.
13) To complete the sign up process, you will need to go to the e-mail you used when you created the account. Click Go to your e-mail.
14) Open the e-mail from Facebook...
15) Then click the link to confirm your e-mail address.
16) This is the end of the tutorial. Watch the other videos in this series to learn how to use many of the features available to you on Facebook.