In this tutorial, we will learn about creating and managing user roles.
Using roles allows you to configure how much access each user has in your system.
Let's create a new role now.
1) Click the User Roles link here
2) Enter a name for the new role.
Privileges are what let you allow or deny access to each user group. By default, all privileges are set to Denied.
3) Let's change a few to Granted.
4) Click OK.
Our new role was created. Let's scroll down to view it in the list.
Here we can view a list of all the roles we've created...
...and the number of users in each role.
5) To edit a role, simply click on its name in the list.
6) Make any changes then click OK.
7) If you need to delete a role, select it...
8) ...and click Remove.
9) You will be asked to confirm deletion.
That's it! You now know how to create and manage user roles.